PhD in Education Psychology

How to Apply Instructions

Applications to College of Education Programs should be submitted through Mākālei.

1.Submit to Graduate Division

  • A new UH Graduate Application.
    1. Select the “Graduate Studies” application type.
    2. On Question #7, choose the “Educational Psychology-PhD” program as your Planned Course of Study.
  • Transcripts from each institution attended (except for UH system transcripts)
  • Graduate Division Residency Declaration Form (Hawai‘i residents only)
  • TOEFL or IELTS Scores (International Students only)
  • International Student Financial Form (International Students only)
  • GRE Scores

2. Submit to EDEP Department

  • Three recommendation forms (and optional letters, academic recommendations preferred such as former or current professors)
    • Submit electronically (preferred)
    • Mail or email (
  • Departmental application including statement of your professional goals
  • A copy of your CV (resume)
  • A sample of scholarly writing