This curriculum is still under review by faculty. Units identified as Under Review have been submitted by educators. While they are available to view now, they are currently being reviewed by our curriculum committee for addition to this site.
Next Generation Science Standards, Social Studies (C3), Common Core Math, Common Core ELA, Na Hapena A'o
- Local plant nursery: Donate soil/compost and materials for students to build their garden boxes.
- Local farm(s): Facilitate student field trip to farm and participate in activities.
- Community partners based on where students design their authentic assessment proposal around: Invited to watch presentation of students’ final proposal.
How can a garden support sustainable practices to help local communities?
- Students will understand the meaning and importance of sustainability.
- Students will understand the steps to create a functioning garden.
- Students will understand how a garden can provide food sustainability.
- Students will understand other various sustainable uses of a garden (e.g. composting, artwork, dyeing material, etc.).
Learner Level Elementary
Primary Content Agriculture, STEM, Math