MEd Curriculum Studies, Interdisciplinary Education
How to Apply Instructions
IMPORTANT DIRECTIONS FOR MAKALEI AND GRADUATE DIVISION APPLICATION:
Please visit the Mākālei system website to apply
If you have a UH Username, please select, “UH username and password”. If you do not have a UH Username, please select, “Guest” and that will lead you to the steps to create a Mākālei account.
Once you are logged into Mākālei and have reached the “Select a Program” page, in order to apply for the STEMS² Cohort please select “Master’s Degree” as the degree you are applying for and “MEd, Curriculum Studies: STEMS2” as the program you are applying for.
For the application through Graduate Division be sure to:
- Select the “Graduate Studies – Summer” application type.
- On Question #7, choose the “Curriculum Studies-MEd” program as your Planned Course of Study.
- Official Transcripts from each institution attended (except for UH system transcripts)
- Graduate Division Residency Declaration Form (Hawaii residents only)
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores (International Students only)
- International Student Financial Form (International Students only)
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 808-956-2376.
What should I include in a statement of objectives?
The Statement of Objectives is a very important first writing sample for prospective applicants so please take the time to show us your best writing. Include information that explains:
- why you are interested in pursuing a Masters in Curriculum Studies and in your particular program area of interest
- the experience, education, personal and professional qualities you feel will contribute to your success in the program,
- how you intend for your experience in the program to further your educational, leadership, and career goals; and,
- any additional information that will help the review committee as we review your application.