The format for all culminating projects is based on American Psychological Association (APA) style outlined in the current edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition. You are encouraged to purchase a copy early in the program so that you can begin to utilize the APA writing format when you write papers for each of your courses. There are also a number of websites available online with current APA guidelines. The sites below include nearly everything you need to know.
A digital version for the MEd ECE Program uploaded in your MEd ECE Laulima Dropbox. It will need to be formatted according to Curriculum Studies Department formatting requirements:
- Written documents must be word-processed
- Appropriate voice, grammar, sentence structure, and spelling for academic writing
- Clear, large, legible typeface such as Helvetica, Geneva, New York or Palatino, no smaller than 12 point
- One inch margins on all sides
There are also a number of websites available online with current APA guidelines.
- APA Formatting and Style Guide – The OWL at Purdue
This site is very comprehensive.
- APA Style
This website includes The Basics of APA style, Frequently Asked Questions about APA
Style, and APA Style Help
- Office of Graduate Education Style Policy
The Office of Graduate Education website provides guidance regarding the format of the paper:
- Plan B Project Examples on Scholarspace
Examining final projects written by former students will give you a clearer picture of topics that have been addressed in the past and how they have been organized. Please see examples of Plan B Projects on the Department of Curriculum Studies’ Scholarspace site.