The program is research-based and grounded in theory. Its goals are to:
- Develop well-informed and reflective early childhood educators;
- Enhance practitioner knowledge of child development and the field of early childhood education in inclusive programs that nurture diverse families and children;
- Foster the application of new knowledge in programs that demonstrate respect, humility, and sensitivity for the children, families and communities they serve;
- Enhance early childhood educators’ ability to understand and implement culturally congruent research; and,
- Encourage and increase the professionalism and leadership capacity of early childhood educators in Hawai‘i, as well as other states and nations of the Pacific Rim.