*Currently not offered to students
Literacy Leader: Reading K-12 Graduate Certificate is a 15-credit program that presents an expanded, integrated view of 21st century literacies, based on International Literacy Association Standards. Eligible to add Reading K12 to an existing Hawai‘i Standard or Advanced License and may be applied to the MEd-CS Reading K12 track.
The 15-credits include the following courses:
- EDCS 601: Advanced Topics in Reading (3)
Topics include emergent literacy, critical comprehension, meta-linguistic awareness, monolingual-bilingual literacy, evaluation.
- EDCS 646: Literacy Assessment I (3)
- EDCS 647: Literacy Assessment II (3)
- EDCS 605: Reading Supervision and Leadership (3)
- EDCS 690: Practicum: Leadership in School Reading Improvement (3)