Graduate Certificate



I come from another area of study, would educational psychology be a good fit for me?

It may, if you are interested in gaining skills in human development and learning in diverse contexts, assessment, measurement, research methodology, or statistics.

What type of financial assistance is available?

Graduate assistantships, partial scholarships, educationally related campus employment

What is the tuition at UH Manoa?

Currently it is $650.00/credit (resident) and $1545.00/credit (non-resident). Complete information ontuition, fees, and payments is provided by Records & Registration at UH Manoa. Information on upcoming tuition schedules and estimated cost of attendance is also available on the UHM Financial Aid Services websites. Please see the Hawaii Residency Requirements page for residency rules.

Is there help for International Students?

Answer 8: Yes, please visit the International Student Services website for more information. The ISS Office can help you with your Visa, employment and other issues that international students may encounter at the university.

How will I get an advisor in the Department of Educational Psychology?

Upon entrance to the graduate program, each student is assigned a temporary advisor to facilitate the student's progress through the program. Initial assignment or choice of a temporary advisor in no way obligates the student to select the temporary advisor as his/her program advisor or to include the temporary advisor as a committee member. Likewise, the temporary advisor has no obligation to serve on the studentʻs committee. The system of temporary advisors is merely a way of identifying a specific faculty member who the student can call upon for advice. The temporary advisor can be changed at any time.