Poster Presentations (Day 2)
Place-and Community-Based Education in the Classrooms of Hawaiʻi
A case study based on interviews with 3 teachers in the state of Hawaiʻi. My intent for this study was to investigate the following questions:
- What does the implementation of place-and community-based pedagogies look like in a variety of spaces within Hawaiʻi?
- What can I and others who are interested in implementing a place-and community-based pedagogy in their space learn from the educators who already utilize this pedagogy?
To learn more in relation to these questions, study looks at each teachers’ background as well as their place-and community-based pedagogies in an attempt to find any common key factors among them.
STEMS² Pillars: Makawalu, Moʻolelo, & Sense of Place
July 1st, 2021, 9:05am–10:05am HST
Location: Posters & Partners (Gather.Town)
- Teachers Perceptions of Authentic Assessments
- Self Study: Peeling away the layers
- Addressing my Sense of Place and Embracing Multicultural Identities
- Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy Self-Study
- Hana Kūpono o Molokai
- STEMS^2 In Early Childhood Education: Reflections and Lessons Implemented in Early Education
- Aʻo: What Iʻm Processing From Amongst the Pillars of Moʻolelo & Multiple Perspectives