Poster Presentations (Day 2)
STEMS^2 In Early Childhood Education: Reflections and Lessons Implemented in Early Education
After realizing that there is not much research on Early Childhood Education incorporating STEMS^2 pedagogy I am working on a teacher research of reflections and philosophy throughout my career as a student and educator. I will be writing about knowledge shared with me by kanaka ʻōiwi cultural practitioners touching on my journey to learn about the practice of kilo and my journey on the ways learning about this particular practice has shifted my perspective. I talk about the ways this journey in STEMS^2 has developed a deeper sense of my relationship with “place” as an educator and my teaching practice with Early Learners.
This presentation will be a culmination of a variety of discussions, both informal conversation and documented interview, and lessons implemented.
STEMS² Pillars: Aʻo, Makawalu, Sense of Place, Advocacy
July 1st, 2021, 9:05am–10:05am HST
Location: Posters & Partners (Gather.Town)
- Teachers Perceptions of Authentic Assessments
- Self Study: Peeling away the layers
- Addressing my Sense of Place and Embracing Multicultural Identities
- Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy Self-Study
- Place-and Community-Based Education in the Classrooms of Hawaiʻi
- Hana Kūpono o Molokai
- Aʻo: What Iʻm Processing From Amongst the Pillars of Moʻolelo & Multiple Perspectives