Place-based and Sustainability Education
MEd Interdisciplinary Education, Curriculum Studies
How to Apply Instructions
Applications to College of Education Programs will be submitted through Mākālei.
1. Submit to Office of Graduate Education (OGE)
- A new UH Graduate Application.
- Your Planned Course of Study is “Curriculum Studies-MEd”..
- Official Transcripts from each institution attended (except for UH system transcripts)
- Graduate Division Residency Declaration Form (Hawaii residents only)
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores (International Students only)
International Student Financial Form (International Students only)
2. Submit to Curriculum Studies
- Three letters of recommendation
- Submitted electronically (preferred)
- If mailed or faxed must be on Letterhead and signed.
- A statement of objectives
- A copy of your CV (resume)
What should I include in a statement of objectives?
The Statement of Objectives is a very important first writing sample for prospective applicants so please take the time to show us your best writing. Include information that explains:
- why you are interested in pursuing a Masters in Curriculum Studies and in your particular program area of interest
- the experience, education, personal and professional qualities you feel will contribute to your success in the program,
- how you intend for your experience in the program to further your educational, leadership, and career goals; and,
- any additional information that will help the review committee as we review your application.