Ajiri in Ibwinini
2013 – Present
US Department of Health & Human Services; HRSA Universal Newborn Hearing Screening & Intervention
The following are the goals and objectives for Ajiri in Ibwinini:
- 1. Implement, enhance, and expand newborn hearing screening program to meet 1-3-6 goals.
- 1.1 Establish a team to implement quality improvement.
- 1.2 Identify areas in need of quality improvement.
- 1.3 Implement the “QI Model for Improvement to measure and adopt change.
- 1.4 Utilize the Marshallese Champions for EHDI to monitor quality improvement.
- 2. Reduce loss (delay) to follow-up at all stages of process to ensure all babies receive services.
- 2.1 Work to reduce refer rates.
- 2.2 Explore options for follow-up of babies on other atolls.
- 2.3 Expand public awareness efforts to reach unidentified infants and toddlers.
- 3. Seek to build a sustainable system of care for children with special needs.
- 3.1 Coordinate with MCH program for services for children with special needs.
- 3.2 Work to reduce the prevalence of chronic middle ear disease.
- 3.3 Collaborate with MOE for services for preschool children with special needs.
- 3.4 Work to expand support resources for parents.