Assessing the Needs of Teen Healthcare in Hawaiʻi
2021 – Present
Hawaiʻi State Department of Health
This project is a needs assessment that is focused on the needs of youth and young adults with special health care needs in the State of Hawaiʻi and is a collaboration between the Center on Disability Studies the Hawaiʻi State Department of Health. We are collecting data through surveys and focus groups to better understand the current needs of teen healthcare in Hawaiʻi.
- LGBTQ Safe Spaces, information about events, groups, and programs.
- Kapiolani Teen Clinic, health clinic focused on the needs of teens.
- Teenline, a telephone helpline where a teenager can talk to another teen who will listen and provide support and resources. Or call 800-852-8336 or text TEEN to 839863.
- Teen Link Hawaii (TLH) provides information and referral sources for teens in Hawaii.
- Got Transition, a federally funded national resource center focused on transition to adult health care.
- Suicide prevention lifeline (call or chat) 1-800-273-8255.
- Hawaiʻi Text Hotline: Text ALOHA to 741741
- Hawaiʻi CARES (Coordinated Access Resource Entry System: Call Oahu 832-3100, Neighbor Islands 1-800-753-6879
- Disaster Distress Helpline (COVID-19 coping): call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746