We encourage everyone to apply for financial aid. This aid can be in the form of scholarships or federal aid money from the FAFSA. Please check with the UH Manoa Financial Aid Services for more information.

Yes. If you receive additional awards that are separate from your financial aid package, you must notify Financial Aid Services immediately. As required by federal regulations, an adjustment to your award(s) may be necessary to reflect the increase of your resources. Failure to notify FAS may delay your financial aid disbursement and/or may require you to repay the university.

Yes, any additional award will be reported to the Financial Aid Services and your federal financial package will be adjusted accordingly. Please consult your financial aid officer for more details.

For steps on using MyUH Services to check on your financial aid award information and status, follow this link: Financial Aid Award Information.

Financial aid is automatically disbursed once you have started enrollment in all your classes. If your courses start later (such as extension courses or courses with irregular schedule), disbursement may be delayed unless you have informed Financial Aid Services of the situation.

Any amount in excess of your charges will be refunded to you by the UH Manoa Cashier’s Office via paper check mailed to the address on file or to your bank account if you signed up for E-Refunds. You can generally expect refunds to arrive about a week after the start of classes.