Military and Veterans Benefits
The University of Hawaii has extended the following benefits to military service members and their families, who have been affected by deployments and military transition.
Office of Veteran Student Affairs and The Veterans Affairs School Certifying Official
- The Office of Veteran Affairs assists military personnel and their dependents in processing various financial benefits as well as various other support services.
Refund of Tuition and Other Fees for Reasons related to Military Deployments
- A full refund of all tuition and mandatory fees for U.S. military personnel (active duty, reserves, national guard) and their authorized dependents who withdraw from UH Manoa for reasons related to military deployments.
- A prorated refund for deployed students who paid for services (such as residence halls, childcare, etc.).
In-State Tuition Rates for Military Personnel stationed in Hawaii
- U.S. military personnel stationed in Hawaii on active duty and their authorized dependents, as well as members of the Hawaii National Guard and U.S. Military Reservists, are offered in-state resident tuition rates if they have not resided in Hawaii for the required 12-months.
- This benefit extends to authorized dependents even after a change of residence of the Hawaii military personnel due to military orders.