Financial Support

While the department does not have any scholarship funds or other financial support for certificate students, financial aid is available by applying for loans or scholarships through UH. Information on financial assistance may be found in the Financing Your Degree Page of the LTEC website, along with information on tuition and fees. Several scholarships are available through the College of Education and are also listed generally on the STAR website (please note that this is only accessible to students with a valid UH ID number – must be admitted as a student prior to looking for scholarships on this site). For international students, UH Manoa’s East-West Center offers financial support in the form of scholarships/fellowships. For more information on financial aid and additional resources, please visit the UH Manoa Financial Aid Office (

In addition to scholarships, current educators may also be eligible for the Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program. For details regarding the Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program for the State of Hawaii, here is where you may locate a direct contact. This Directory search allows users to search current and past years’ TCLI Directory information by performing a search based on state, year, school/education service agency name, and/or location.