The LTEC department accepts applications into the COLT program year round. Applicants may submit their application at any point during the year, however, it is advised to apply as early as possible. Applications not completed with all required materials by the cutoff date may be admitted to the following semester. Be sure to complete both parts listed below!
1. UHM Application Materials
UHM Graduate Division requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of study from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate work (with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent)
- Payment of an application fee
- Completion of UHM Graduate Division application form specifying LTEC-MEd
- Residency Declaration Form
- Financial status verification (international students only)
- There are specific additional requirements for international students, including an earlier deadline (Jan. 15) and TOEFL or IELTs scores for those from countries where the native language is not English. International students should carefully check the International Students Section of the Graduate Division website for details.
Further information regarding the application process for all students, and especially regarding international student application requirements is found on the UHM Graduate Division website. Students should check the website carefully for any changed requirements.
2. LTEC Application Materials
In addition, the LTEC-MEd program requires the following:
- Three (3) letters of recommendations related to the applicant’s potential to be successful in the MEd program (academic and professional references). Note that since full-time LTEC faculty already comprise the MEd Admissions Committee, full-time LTEC faculty cannot provide applicants recommendation letters for the LTEC-MEd. Affiliated faculty may provide recommendation letters. (Recommendation Letter Guide)
- Statement of career objectives and research interests (Statement of Objectives Guide)
- Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- Intent to Apply Survey (found on Makalei)
Details on materials to be sent to the LTEC Department office can be found on our LTEC website.