The Dean’s Office is pleased to announce the call-for-applications for the 2022-2023 Hubert V. Everly Endowed Scholar in Education award!
The College of Education seeks to award two tenure track COE faculty members as the Hubert V. Everly Endowed Scholars in Education for the 2022–2023 academic year. The focus of this scholar award is to promote individual careers and provide opportunity and resources for scholarly activities that address the problems and issues of importance to the public/private P-20 educational system. The appointment as an Everly Scholar will be for one year; for the 2022–2023 academic year, two scholars will be selected. (For more information on Hubert V. Everly, please view this document “About Hubert V. Everly“).
The award provides an allowance of:
- Assistant Professor or Assistant Specialist: $6,250 each semester, for a total of $12,500 to support proposed activities for 2022-2023.
- Associate Professor or Associate Specialist: $6,750 each semester for a total of $13,500 to support proposed activities for 2022-2023.
Some examples of how the allowance might be used include: faculty professional development opportunities; a student/research assistant; research activities; a course buy-out; or a summer project. These are examples only and there are many possibilities depending upon the nature of the proposed scholarship (see some of the past Everly scholars here). The allowance may not be used for equipment.
- To be eligible, the applicant must be a tenure-line Board of Regents-appointed faculty member at the assistant professor/ assistant specialist or associate professor/ associate specialist level in the College of Education;
- Priority will be given to on-duty applicants; however, those who are / will be on sabbatical in Fall 2022 and/or Spring 2023 may also apply – consideration will be given if the proposed activities during the sabbatical directly address the goals of the award;
- Selection will be based on the quality of the application and the benefits anticipated;
- Past recipients of the Hubert V. Everly Endowed Scholar in Education award are not eligible to apply.
Your application must have ALL items below in order to be considered complete:
- One (1) cover letter addressing the focus of the project proposed and how it would benefit the College and education in Hawai‘i;
- A proposed budget and budget narrative with stamp of approval from Valerie Shearer, COE Grant Support Center Director (firstname.lastname@example.org), explaining how the funds would be used to support the work;
- One (1) letter of support from the applicant’s unit’s chair/director;
- One (1) current curriculum vitae.
See the evaluation rubric here.
- You must submit your budget and budget narrative to be approved by Val Shearer no later than Wednesday, April 27, 2022. Val’s email is email@example.com;
- Submit the complete application to Nezia Azmi by 4:30 pm HST on Friday, April 29, 2022 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: We will not be taking any hard-copy submissions. All submissions must be made via email directly to Nezia.
For questions, please reach out to Nezia Azmi at email@example.com. Good luck!