A Vice Principal (VP) assists the school principal in the management of education and teaching programs for an assigned school. Coordinates school activities and ensures that budgetary guidelines are met. In addition, a VP assists in developing curriculum, administrative and personnel aspects, and creating an atmosphere conducive to scholarly pursuits. The VP manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to department processes. Under the direction of the School Principal, administers programs in accordance with policies, statutory requirements, administrative rules and regulations, and consistent with collective bargaining agreements.
Job growth is stable.
More info from Zip Recruiter
More info from Glassdoor
- Public schools, K-12
- Private schools, K-12
- Master’s degree
- 5 years successful teaching experience in a school setting
- 1 to 3 years supervisory experience
- Ability to create and maintain a safe, orderly, positive school climate for students and staff
- Ability to communicate effectively with all constituencies
- Ability to achieve educational reform, inspire and lead change
- Managerial skill in planning, organizing, delegating, listening, and follow through
- Knowledge of innovations in education, alternative instructional strategies, place-based earning, alternative assessment methods, blended instructional support, support for special needs students, instruction based on student performance and decision making, cooperative learning
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development; belief in and commitment to a values-based education that empowers all students to reach their full potential