COE Faculty and Staff > Curriculum Research & Development
Group > Kara Suzuka
- Curriculum Research & Development Group
Area(s) of Interest
- Mathematics Education
- Teacher Professional Learning
- Suzuka, K. M., Frank, R., Crawford, E., & Yakel, E. (2018). Video re-use in mathematics teacher education. In L. Liu & D. Gibson (Eds.), Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2018 (1st ed., Vol. 2018, pp. 53–60). Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
- Suzuka, K. M., Sleep, L., Ball, D. L., Bass, H., Lewis, J., & Thames, M. (2009). Designing and using tasks to teach mathematical knowledge for teaching. In D. Mewborn & H. Lee (Eds.), AMTE Monograph VI: Scholarly Practices and Inquiry in the Preparation of Mathematics Teachers (pp. 7–24). San Diego, CA: Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators.
- Suzuka, K. M., & Venenciano, L. C. (2019). Harnessing students’ misconceptions and fragile understandings. Mathematics Teacher, 112 (6), 3.
- Frank, R., Tyler, A., Gault, A., Suzuka, K. M., & Yakel, E. (2018). Privacy Concerns in Qualitative Video Data Reuse. International Journal of Digital Curation, 13(1), 47–72.
- Kim, Y.-M., Ahronheim, J., Suzuka, K. M., King, L. E., Bruell, D., & Miller, R. (2007). Enterprise Digital Asset Management System Pilot: Lessons Learned. Information Technology and Libraries, 26(4), 4–16.
- Suzuka, K. M., Frank, R., & Yakel, E. (2019). Re-using video records of practice in teacher professional development to engage in and develop mathematics teaching practice. In K. Graziano (Ed.), Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2019 (Vol. 2019, pp. 634–638). Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
- Yagi, S. L., Zenigami, F. K., & Suzuka, K. M. (2018). Investigating place value concepts within a measurement context. In L. Venenciano & A. Redmond-Sanogo (Eds.), 45th Annual Meeting of the Research Council on Mathematics Learning (pp. 105–112).
- Crawford, E., Suzuka, K. M., Frank, R., & Yakel, E. (2018). Facilitating Access to Digital Records of Practice in Education with Technology. In S. Carliner (Ed.), E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2018 (Vol. 2018, pp. 1–10). Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
- Frank, R., Chen, Z., Crawford, E., Suzuka, K. M., & Yakel, E. (2017). Trust in Qualitative Data Repositories. In S. Erdelez & N. Agarwal (Eds.), Association for Information Science and Technology (Vol. 54(1), pp. 102–111). Somerset, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Frank, R. D., Suzuka, K. M., & Yakel, E. (2016). Examining the Reuse of Digital Video as Qualitative Data. In Archiving 2016 Annual Meeting (Vol. 2016, pp. 146–151). Springfield, Virginia: The Society for Imaging Science and Technology.
- Yakel, E., Frank, R., & Suzuka, K. M. (2015). Educational Records of Practice: Preservation and Access Concerns. In C. A. Lee, J. Crabtree, L. Konstantelos, N. McGovern, Y. Maeda, M. Pennock, … E. Zierau (Eds.), Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Digital Preservation (pp. 206–210). Chapel Hill, North Carolina: School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Zenigami, F. K., & Suzuka, K. M. (2018). Experience algebra in meaningful contexts through active engagement. Presented at National Council of Teachers of Mathematics 2018 Annual Meeting & Exposition, Washington, D.C.
Research / Evaluation Reports
- Harrison, G. M., Suzuka, K. M., & Goto, K. K. (2019). Comprehensive Needs Assessment to Inform the State of Hawaii’s Application for Perkins V Funding. Honolulu HI: Curriculum Research & Development Group.
- Yakel, E., Suzuka, K. M., & Frank, R. (2018). Qualitative Data Reuse: Records of Practice in Educational Research and Teacher Development: Interview Protocol, Qualitative Data Analysis Codeset, and Attributes for the Interviews [Data set]. Ann Arbor, Michigan: University of Michigan Deep Blue.