COE Faculty and Staff > Institute for Teacher Education -
Elementary > Terry Lock
- Institute for Teacher Education
- Institute for Teacher Education -
- 2017 Ed.D. Professional Educational Practice University of Hawaii at Manoa
Area(s) of Interest
- children's play, child development, teacher education
Brief BiographyDr. Terry Lock teaches early childhood education (ECE) courses, supervises ECE teacher candidates and provides technical assistance to ECE partnerships. In addition, Dr. Lock works closely with the Hawaii P-3 component of P-20 partnership in education initiative and state Executive Office on Early Learning (EOEL). She has over 40 years of experience working with diverse children, infancy through 3rd grade, their families and teachers in a variety of public and private program settings, including the first Director of EOEL, director of Kamehameha Schools ECE division, National Head Start Fellow, Maui County Early Childhood Coordinator, family literacy trainer, and UH Maui College instructor.
- Moriguchi, L., Chun, R. S. B., Murphy, K., Arasaki, J., & Lock, T. F. (2018). Improving the education-to-workforce pipeline in Hawaiʻi's early childhood system. Presented at 2018 Data Summit , Salvation Army Kroc Center, Kapolei, HI.
- Muccio, L. S., & Lock, T. F. (2016). Playing to learn, learning to play: Promoting joyful learning in an early childhood teacher education program. Presented at Association for the Study of Play Annual Conference, New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- Chun, R. S. B., & Lock, T. F. (2013). Can HELDS and DAP co-exist? Presented at 2013 Hawaiʻi Early Childhood Conference, Waikiki Convention Center, Honolulu, HI.