COE Faculty and Staff > Curriculum Studies > Julie Kaomea
Brief BiographyJulie Kaomea
- Kaomea, J. L. (2009). Aia ke ola i nā kūpuna: Family-based care in Native Hawaiian culture. In R. Shweder, T. Bidell, A. Dailey, S. Dixon, & P. M. & J. Modell (Eds.), The child: An encyclopedic companion (pp. 154–155). Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Kaomea, J. L. (2009). Nā wāhine mana: A postcolonial reading of classroom discourse on the imperial rescue of oppressed Hawaiian women. In Postcolonial challenges in education (pp. 78–99). New York: Peter Lang Publishing.
- Kaomea, J. L. (2013). Lab Coats or Trench Coats? Detective Sleuthing as an Alternative to Scientifically Based Research in Indigenous Educational Communities. Qualitative Inquiry, online first, online first.
- Kaomea, J. L. (2012). Reconceptualizing Indigenous Parent Involvement in Early Educational Settings: Lessons from Native Hawaiian Preschool Families. The International Indigenous Policy Journal, 3(4), Article 4.
- Kaomea, J. L. (2011). Hawaiian Math for a Sustainable Future: Envisioning a Conceptual Framework for Rigorous and Culturally Relevant 21st-Century Elementary Mathematics Education. Hūlili: Multidisciplinary Research on Hawaiian Well-Being, 7, 289–306.
- Kaomea, J. L. (2009). Contemplating Kuleana: Relfections on the Rights and Responsibilities of Nonindigenous Participates in Programmes for Indigenous Education. AlterNative: An International Journal of Indigenous Peoples, 5 (2), 78–99.
- Kaomea, J. L. (2009). Indigenous Education for All? A Metaphorical Counterstory. International Critical Childhood Policy Studies Journal, 2 (1), 109–121.
- Kaomea, J. L. (2013, April). Lab coats or trenchcoats? Detective sleuthing as an alternative to scientifically-based research in indigenous educational communities. Presented at Annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, San Francisco, California.
- Kaomea, J. L. (2012, April). Early education for extinction in post(colonial) Hawai‘i: The genocidal legacy of the Hawaiian chiefs’ children’s residential boarding school. Presented at Annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Vancouver, Canada.
- Kaomea, J. L. (2009, April). Broken trust in Hawaiian family-school relations: A genealogy of the present. Presented at Annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, San Diego, California.