The Office of Student Academic Services (OSAS)
This page provides information on the OSAS GUIDE program for Academic Advisors. Please refer to the OSAS Advising pages for student support.
GUIDE: A Mentoring Program for UHM Academic Advisors
To provide UHM academic advisors with opportunities for:
by forming mentoring partnerships with their peers.
- To provide an opportunity for mentors and mentees to form mutually beneficial relationships with each other through mentoring, camaraderie, and support
- To facilitate academic advisor development through mentor/mentee partnerships
- To assist mentees in clarifying their academic, career, and personal goals
- To provide mentors with an opportunity to share their life and career experiences
- It is recommended that mentors and mentees meet at minimum three times per year (once per summer, fall, and spring semesters)
- Participation is for a one year commitment
- At the end of one year, both parties will have an option to continue with the program as a mentor or mentee
- All conversations will be kept confidential between both parties