The International and Special Programs (IASP) at UH Mānoa's College of Education (COE) Dean's Office supports international activities and initiatives for the entire College, striving towards creating a global experience for its students, faculty and staff, with a regional research and practice focus on Oceania and the Asia-Pacific.
The unit works collaboratively with academic departments and support units throughout the College in areas of international recruiting, advising and retention of students from anywhere in the world. We believe in fostering a global community of learners, educators, practitioners and researchers.
The unit also provides strategic and project management support for the College towards sustainable partnerships in higher education with institutions and visiting scholars whose vision and mission are in alignment with our own, so as to take advantage of our unique location and role in the Pacific and in the greater global community.
UPCOMING EVENTS AND DEADLINES
- CONFERENCE ABSTRACT DEADLINE - December 15, 2019: 31st JUSTEC Conference (Japan-US Teacher Education Consortium). Click here for more info.
Learn more about how COE engages globally
- International Students: Information for prospective international students
- Study-Away Opportunities: Global academic experiences through courses and programs for enrolled/registered students
- Institutional Partnerships: List of formal international agreements and partnerships
- Visiting Scholars Program: Hosted residencies for self-funding international visiting scholars
- Philosophy for Children (p4c) Hawai‘i: Collaboration with the Uehiro Academy for Philosophy and Ethics in Education