ALOHA and welcome to the International and Special Programs Unit
The International and Special Programs (IASP) in the College of Education (COE) Dean's Office supports international activities and initiatives for the entire College, striving towards creating a global experience for its students, faculty and staff.
May 4, 2018, 12:30 - 2:00 pm: Massification of Master’s Degree in Translation and Interpretation Studies in China by Dr. Meng LIU (visiting scholar for China at the Department of Educational Foundations) MORE INFO HERE
STUDY AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT AT OUR COLLEGE
NEW PROGRAM HIGHLIGHT: COE Offers World's First Ethnomathematics Program
"The first academic program in the world for ethnomathematics, an increasingly visible, highly interdisciplinary and hands-on subject, will be offered by the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa College of Education beginning in summer 2018..." read more here
DEGREE AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
The college has eight academic departments and two major research units—the Center on Disability Studies (CDS) and the Curriculum Research & Development Group (CRDG).
ALL PROGRAMS: We welcome international students and scholars to consider our diverse offerings of degree and certificate programs.
FEATURED PROGRAMS: Several of our programs in particular have an international education focus and/or seeking excellent international student applicants:
- MEd in Learning Design and Technology (online)
- MEd in Early Childhood Education (hybrid online and 1-month intensive summer sessions)
- MEd in Educational Foundations: Global Perspectives on Educational Policy and Practice (online)
- PhD in Education: Educational Foundations' Global and International Education
STUDY EXCHANGE PROGRAMS: If you're looking for something short-term, check out opportunities through the Mānoa International Exchange Office Inbound Programs.
INTERESTED IN STUDY AWAY / ABROAD?
- ITE 403C - International Inquiry and Field Study (summer session Outreach College) - click here for more info - (there are still some spots left!)
- KRS 208 Recreation Services in Contemporary Society (summer session Study Abroad Center) - click here for more info
- Programs offered through the Mānoa International Exchange Office - Outbound.
- Teach in China program (non-UH program) - apply online on their website
OTHER FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- Scholarship/grant/financial aid opportunities for students (compiled by IASP)
- Grant opportunities for faculty exchange and projects (compiled by IASP)
- Various funded opportunities for faculty, staff and students through programs offered by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs - for U.S. citizens as well as non-U.S. citizens.