Dean Young (fifth from the right) participated in the tree-planting ceremony at the 7th Engaging With Vietnam conference , July 8, 2015, Hanoi University of Business & Technology, Vietnam
Welcome to the International and Special Programs Unit
The College of Education's (COE) International and Special Programs unit at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa develops and maintains sustainable international exchanges and partnerships in higher education with institutions from other parts of the world including the Asia Pacific and Europe. The unit is responsible for:
- Establishing meaningful partnerships both through the establishment of MOUs and MOAs as well as tangible program coordination;
- Hosting visiting scholars and international delegations interested in collaborating with the COE; and
- Connecting the COE faculty, staff and students with opportunities in international programs within the field of education.
Recent and Upcoming Program Highlights
|February 8 to 12, 2016 – The 22nd delegation of Sendai University faculty and students visit the COE for a short-term study tour at the department of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science...
February 23 to 25, 2016 - Bukkyo University and COE students and faculty take partnership to the next level with MOU renewal, student presentations and bi-ennial joint research conference...
|March 16 to 18, 2016 – Dr. Minh-Anh Nguyen, visiting Fulbright scholar at Drexel University, gives an experiential talk on metaphor in early childhood art therapy...
May 15, 2016 DEADLINE for proposal submission to the 8th Engaging With Vietnam Conference to be held at UH Mānoa: "Engaging With Vietnam through the Arts and Scholarship"...
Scholarship and Grant Opportunities
- Toshizo Watanabe Endowed Scholarship (undergraduate) Upcoming deadline APRIL 1, 2016
- Study Abroad in Japan: Bridging Scholarships (undergraduate) Upcoming deadline APRIL 8, 2016
- Freeman Awards for Studies in Asia (Freeman-ASIA) (undergraduate) Upcoming deadline APRIL 11, 2016
- Crown Prince Akihito Scholarship (graduate) Upcoming deadline Fall 2016
- Fulbright programs and grants (scholars, faculty and professionals with at least a Bachelor's degree)
- International student scholarships administered by International Student Services at UH Mānoa