The College of Education (COE) Congress, its representative Senate, Senate Executive Committee, various standing and ad hoc committees, function as forums for professional discourse and consideration of policies which have College-wide concern and relate directly to the educational process.
- Provides an opportunity for shared, collegial governance for the College of Education.
- Functions as a forum for professional discourse and consideration of policies which have College-wide concerns and relate directly to the educational process.
- Recognizes new and retiring personnel.
- Stimulates an aloha spirit within the College.
The Senate acts on behalf of the Congress in matters concerning:
- Purposes and goals of the College
- Nature and scope of its curricula and programs
- Policies governing the conduct or programs of the College
- Standards of teaching, research, scholarship, and service
- Personnel policies, academic freedom, privilege, and responsibility
2013-2014 Senate Executive Committee
2013-2014 Committee Chairs
- Budget and Facilities: Leslie Novosel (SPED), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diversity: Stephanie Furuta (EDCS), email@example.com
- Governance: Kathy Berg (CRDG), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student-Faculty Relations: Grace Lin (ETEC) and Siobhan Ni Dhonacha (OSAS), email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum: Stacey Roberts (EDEA), email@example.com
- Fellowship: Jaret Leong, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personnel: Ernestine Enomoto (EDEA), email@example.com